Friday, May 25, 2018

From Chewed Up Soldier to Motivational Speaker? Are You Kidding Me?!

Well, just when I thought I’ve seen it all!  About a month ago, I was on Facebook as I seem to look at every day.  In the section of where they the “People You May Know” friend suggestions, I came upon a former Soldier I was put in charge of back when I was stationed at Ft. Campbell.  At first, seeing her picture, I was pretty disgusted but yet I checked her profile anyways.  While on her profile, I saw she had of her own page, so I checked that out and lo and behold, this former Soldier is now a motivational speaker/coach.  I have to be honest, I was laughing so hard when I saw this page on Facebook.  I almost began to think that this was some of a joke.  However, that page was not a joke and this former Soldier is now a motivational speaker, and from the looks of it, she is very serious about it.  I began to wonder about this, and think who or what is trying to motivate?  Other people, that try to milk the system by faking an injury like she did when she was in the Army?  How to take advantage of the government?  It was Soldiers like her that gave meaning to the phrase Blue Falcon.  First off, she had an extremely bad attitude when it came to doing work and being at work call.  One thing that really pissed me off was when she got a dead man’s profile, so much so to where she didn’t do anything except show up to work call.  I remember her saying it was because of her back, which I find ironic being when I saw her page, she talks about working out all the time and going to the gym.  As a result of her dead man’s profile, she couldn’t drive a HMMV, do any kind of lifting, or do or even be present working in PMCS with vehicles in the motor pool.  This was so aggravating and irritating enough, and then all of a sudden, she gets another female Soldier from my section to literally do the same thing!  As a result, there would be two Soldiers doing absolutely nothing while it was just leaders and some Soldiers doing the tasks in our shop.  I mean, there was even a Soldier in our section that got blown up while deployed in Iraq, had his back reconstructed, and still was doing some of the hard work for our missions.  This Soldier would literally not lift a finger to do anything because it stated in her profile that she couldn’t.  She never deployed to a combat zone, in fact, she even told me and some of our supervisors that she would rather get a dishonorable discharge than go to a combat zone.  What gall she has to say such a thing, especially knowing that I knew friends that got killed by a suicide bomber in Afghanistan.  I also remember someone telling me that she intentionally got pregnant one time just so she couldn’t get deployed.  I’m not one hundred percent sure about that, but I wouldn’t put it past her.  Plus, she would make excuses to not come into work or try to come in late because of having a baby and unable to try to get a babysitter.  Don’t get me wrong, I can understand having a child will lead to some issues at hand, but that doesn’t mean you should make that an excuse to not be in work and so forth.  Especially when you’re in the Military because they’re not going to feel sorry for you for anything.  All that the Military will say is “You shouldn’t have gotten pregnant.”  Then, this Soldier tried to get my supervisor to let her leave early from work so she can go to the gym.  I remember my supervisor telling her, “We get off work at 1700, you can go to the gym then.”  Of course, she made her child as an excuse saying she was unable to go to the gym after work because she would have her kid and was unable to get a babysitter.  This sounded very odd being she was married, so why not the husband watch their kid?  Then she gets into a frenzy and starts saying she will go to the IG office on base and report our supervisor for not letting her leave early from work.  It was such a fucking mess, between her and the other female Soldier in our section, because the other Soldier would start pulling the same garbage of trying not to be at work as well.  I still remember her excuse about wanting to leave early from work, “Well, all we’re going to do is sit there anyways.  I can’t do any of the work, so I’m just stuck playing on the computer.”  It was getting so ridiculous that only one or two Soldiers out of an entire section of six Soldiers can do any kind of work.  Along with them not doing anything and trying to get out of being at work, the final straw came when these two Soldiers tried to play the race game on just about everything, considering both them were black just so they can get my supervisor in trouble.  Once that started happening, another supervisor came back into our section due to his orders being canceled to deploy to Afghanistan, which at the time the unit I was in was forward deployed and we were in the rear detachment.  I and the other supervisor informed him what was going on with these two Soldiers, so he decided to talk to them and try to work something out.  Of course, these two Soldiers talked to them as though he should bend over and tolerate their current position with profiles, children, and so forth.  Thankfully for that supervisor, he didn’t put up with the garbage and immediately got them moved out of our section.  To this day, I still don’t understand with some people who join the Military.  Whether they think they don’t have to go to a combat zone or to think they can get on a dead man profile and not come into work at all.  I can’t stand that way of thinking, that idea of not doing any kind of work but when it comes to payday, they’re the first to come up with their hand open and saying “Gimmie” for their pay.  Now that the female Soldier is a motivational speaker, most likely giving people the wrong advice.  I don’t want to give this person any kind of publicity, but here’s the link to her page if you have a good laugh. 

Related image
Some people just need to get their head out and see life as it is. 


Disclaimer:The views expressed in this article [or, book, blog post, essay, op-ed] are those of the author and do not reflect the official policy or position of the [insert your agency, institution, organization], Department of the Army, Department of Defense, or the U.S. Government.


The Angry Private!
US Army Ordnance Corps 2009-2017
OEF 2010-2011




No comments:

Post a Comment